What is the PMI-PBA?
The PMI Professional in Business Analysis (PMI-PBA) is a way to spotlight your achievements and strengths in the business analysis profession through PMI.
If you work on project teams and manage elements, are involved in product development, or are a project or program manager who does business analysis in your role, the PMI-PBA certification may be a fit for you.
The requirements for taking the exam are valid, but valid for certifying a business analysis professional. The PMI-PBA certification carries high credibility, and to achieve it, you must demonstrate that you have had the education and the experience working on actual projects.
Additionally, you must pass an examination that challenges your knowledge of business analysis principles, practices, tools, and techniques.
Eligibility Criterion for PMI-PBA Certification
To be qualified for PMI-PBA certification, candidates are needed to meet the following educational and professional experience requirement.
- A secondary degree like a high school diploma, associate’s degree
- 7,500 hours of business analysis experience
- 35 contact hours of training in business analysis
- Bachelor’s degree or the global equivalent
- 4,500 hours of business analysis experience
- 35 contact hours of education in business analysis
PMI-PBA Exam Summary
- Full Name: Business Analysis Professional
- Exam Code: PMI-PBA
- PMI Member Fee: USD $405
- PMI Non-member Fee: USD $555
- Time Duration: 240 Minutes
- Number of Questions: 200
- Passing Score: Above Target/ Target/ Below Target/ Needs Improvement
- Format: Multiple Choice Questions
PMI Business Analysis Syllabus Topics:
- Needs Assessment (18%)
- Planning (22%)
- Analysis (35%)
- Traceability and Monitoring (15%)
- Evaluation (10%)
Some Study Tips for PMI-PBA Certification
PMI-PBA is a certification program that certifies a candidate’s skill in implementing his/her BA (Business Analytics) skills and techniques to strengthen the success of a project. This certification is in high demand nowadays since the demand for BA professionals is growing day-by-day in project management.
The PMI-PBA exam consists of MCQs, and despite experience and academic brilliance, one has to prepare thoroughly for the tests to crack it.
These are some tips that might confirm to be helpful for those who wish to succeed in clearing this exam:
1. Start Preparing in Advance
A PMI-PBA exam cannot be passed with a crash course of one month or 15 days. Therefore, start planning at least 4 to 5 months in advance if you want to clear the exam in the first attempt.
Also, the PMIs give the flexibility of taking the exam date as the candidates are already working professionals.
2. Undertake PDU Training
The PDU training, which consists of 35 contact hours of practical training, can assist you a great deal as they are focused on all the features of the course and study materials.
It also causes a candidate to prepare for the PMI-PBA training as one requires to read the preparation books thoroughly to get good feedback from the institute.
3. Go through the PMI-PBA Exam Preparation Guide
If you want to clear the PMI-PBA certification exam, you will have to read the books which guide you through all the rules and regulations of the exams and also gives you in-depth theoretical knowledge on the key concepts.
If you find books time-consuming, tedious, and rigidly theoretical, you can refer to the training materials and reference materials that are readily accessible on the internet.
4. PMI-PBA Practice Tests
Practice tests condition your mind for the PMI-PBA exam scenarios and help you to attempt maximum questions in the given time limit. Therefore, you can try numerous PMI-PBA practice tests until your numbers improve, and you can have satisfactory marks consistently.
5. Analyze Your PMI-PBA Mock Tests
If you keep on attempting various mock tests and fail to analyze your shortcomings, then it is of no use. One must continually try to figure out the sections where he/she scores less and update these sections until you achieve to excel in them.
If some of your thoughts are not clear, and they are hindering your potential to perform better, then you can apply to the study materials on the internet as well.
These were some of the fundamental tips that will aid you in preparing for the PMI-PBA certification. Reading the study materials thoroughly and trying enough number of mock tests will get you there. Still, more importantly, this exam is designed to identify your grasp and take on the business analytics concepts.
Apply for the PMI-PBA Certification Exam
- Applicants are expected to use the online certification system to apply for all certifications.
- Before you start your application process, make sure you satisfy the eligibility specifications and can read the essential information on the application.
- Once you have begun the application, you cannot cancel, but you can save it incomplete and edit later.
- Applicants are given 90 days, and during that time, reminder emails will be sent to complete the application.
- So provide a valid email address for communication.
- Using your online certification system, you can view suggested application, eligibility status, PMI Audit form, exam report, receipts, certification registry, etc.
- Very often, applicants face problems while recording their experience on the application, and it is suggested to use a business analysis experience Worksheet in the application to register your business analysis experience.
- The experience does not significantly have to be paid work, but it does require to be in a professional setting.
- Activities such as school projects or planning personal events would not qualify. Record all business analysis activities you worked on individually.
- Applicant must have at least 4,500 hours of individual, non-overlapping experience accumulated within the last eight years.
- This indicates that every month, if you worked on multiple, extending activities, then it will be counted as one-month to the total requirement.
If you are looking for a way to prove how accomplished you are as a business analyst, the PMI-PBA certification provides a reliable means of doing this. It costs money, however, and will take up a reasonable amount of your time but could confirm to be a smart career move in the mid to long term.
Focusing on and following this plan is not severe. The primary aspect of any project is, one needs to adhere to it. PMI certifications sound hard because candidates read one chapter then break for a quarter and again restart, which is where the rigor disappears.
Just be concentrated and follow these steps as the placeholder for you to a reality test. You will be good and achieve your PMI-PBA credentials very soon.