Introduction to PMI-ACP
ACP is an abbreviation of Agile Certified Practitioner. Project Management Institute PMI provides this certification, and hence, it is PMI-ACP. PMI-ACP Certification holds a high level of professional honor as it is an aggregate of agile training working on Agile projects and examining Agile fundamentals and tools.
PMI-ACP certification is globally acknowledged. It helps people in addressing the requirements of associations that depend on certified Agile practitioners to use their varied skills to undertake the projects efficiently.
Reasons to Get a PMI-ACP Certification
Agile is a new technology from the software industry intended to displace complicated old business techniques. Hence the importance of the PMI-ACP Certification, which can make you ready for the latest difficulties in the software profession and business initiatives.
PMI-ACP Exam Summary
- Exam Name: Agile Certified Practitioner
- Exam Code: PMI-ACP
- Exam Fee Member: USD 435
- Exam Fee Non-member: USD 495
- Exam Duration: 180 Minutes
- Number of Questions: 120
- Passing Score: Above Target/ Target/ Below Target/ Needs Improvement
- Format: Multiple Choice Questions
PMI Agile Practitioner Syllabus Domains
- Agile Principles and Mindset (16%)
- Value-Driven Delivery (20%)
- Stakeholder Engagement (17%)
- Team Performance (16%)
- Adaptive Planning (12%)
- Problem Detection and Resolution (10%)
- Continuous Improvement (Product, Process, People) (9%)
PMI-ACP Eligibility Requirements
General Project Experience:
- 2,000 hours working on project teams
- These hours must be obtained within the last five years
- Active PMP or PgMP will fulfill this requirement.
Agile Project Experience:
- 1500 hours working on agile project teams or with Agile methodologies
- These hours are in extra the 2,000 hours expected in overall project experience.
- These hours must be taken within the last three years.
Training in Agile Practices:
- 21 contact hours
- Hours must be received in agile practices
Attend PMI-ACP Online Practice Tests
The PMI-ACP exam is not just about your knowledge in Agile, Scrum, Kanban, etc. It is about your reading and comprehension skills, as well. You need to practice before you take the real exam.
It is recommendable to take at least 4-5 online practice tests before appearing for your PMI-ACP Certification.
Create a PMI-ACP Study Plan in Advance
- While planning your exam plan, keep the following points in mind:
- Keep 10-12 weeks of study to preparing thoroughly, while registering the exam.
- Manage your work and personal responsibilities such that you get the right amount of consecutive study time every day.
- Avoid reading on a lot of books when there is a limited amount of time to study.
- Take as many Online PMI-ACP Practice exams as possible.
PMI-ACP Exam Tips
The PMI-ACP exam is a multiple-choice test that asks one to recognize correct answers among a set of four options. The extra options that are not the right answer are called the distracters; and their purpose, unsurprisingly, is to confuse the test taker from the actual correct answer among the bunch.
Students usually think multiple-choice exams as much more convenient than other types of exams; this is not significantly true with the PMI-ACP certification exam.
The PMI-ACP exam comprises a broad set of material, frequently in greater depth than other certification exams.
Although 3 hours may look like more than enough time for a multiple-choice exam, when faced with 120 questions, time management is one of the most critical factors in achieving and doing well.
You should always attempt and answer all of the questions you are sure about first, and then go back about to those parts you are not sure about afterward.
Always read carefully through the whole test. Do your best not to leave any question blank upon submission even if you do not readily understand the answer.
Just because you have completed a practice test, be aware that you are not done working. After you have rated your test with all of the necessary corrections, review it, and try to see what happened in the answers that you got wrong.
It may be a lot of other work, but in the long run, going through your corrected multiple-choice tests will work miracles for you in preparation for the real exam.
See if you possibly misread the question or even missed it because you were unprepared. You are going back and seeing what you did on the big stage in the past so you can help fix and fix any errors that could.
PMI-ACP Certification Exam Application Process
- Register to become a member of the Project Management Institute. This step is optional.
- It charges $139 to become a member, but it saves you $60 on exam charges.
- The PMI Non-member fees to take the exam is $495. The PMI member rate for the exam is $435.
- Submit your PMI-ACP application by the PMI website and pay the fee.
- PMI will review your application and reply within 3 to 5 business days.
- Once your application is accepted, you will receive an invite to pay for and schedule the exam.
- Register your exam with Pearson VUE.
- You have one year to take the exam after your request has been approved.
- You may take the exam up to three times during the qualification period.
- To get more information about the testing centers, please visit Pearson VUE.
- Take and Pass the PMI-ACP Exam.
- One year to take the exam later, your application is approved.
- The moment you pass, you are certified for a three-year cycle, need 30 PDUs to renew after three years.
The Demand for PMI-ACP
There is present a shortage of professionals who know Agile correctly and can complete the process in the current Project Management sense. Therefore for professionals who already have an opinion of Agile as developers or Project Managers, PMI-ACP gives a platform to showcase their credentials.
The Agile community is increasing, and the world has begun to slowly implement Agile methodology at a fast pace to execute projects in a changing environment.
PMI-ACP is one of the several certifications which meets the methodological limits and does not concentrate on only one of the methods commonly Scrum. Agile, on the other hand, is a prevailing framework that is a collection of ways such as Scrum, XP, DSDM, Lean, Kanban, Chrystal Clear, and more.
Most companies tend to use many or a blend of these methodologies, so the PMI-ACP certification gives more comprehensive coverage of these tools, skills, and knowledge areas.
The certification requires proof of experience with Agile instead of being training related only. Instead of merely attending training and being certified referred to as a certificate in the certification arena, you have to show experience with Agile and pass a thorough examination with an authorized certification body.
As a professional organization, PMI is credible, and the best placed to make some standardization and certification rigor to what is now a relatively young and inconsistent field.
Improving Job Comprehension
The most significant advantage of this exam according to experts is that since there is more skill involved that can be applied in lesser time than before, people with such certification really could lead a relatively less stressful life.
Most of those people who have suited for this job believe that they have a better knowledge of what they have to do and how to execute it about the position before this certification exam.
PMI-ACP is one of the latest but most complete and in-demand certifications offered by the PMI. PMI-ACP Certification provides an integrated study of the full Agile Methodology rather than focusing on one singular method. It makes it an in-demand and popular career choice, which has immense job opportunities.